Following the Local Government Election on May 3rd, Rhondda Cynon Taf’s new Leader has announced his new Cabinet who will work to protect and stand up for local public services.
Leader of Rhondda Cynon Taff CBC, County Borough Councillor Anthony Christopher said:
“I have today announced the Council Cabinet, a team which will support me and my Deputy Cllr Paul Cannon in building on the strong progress we have made in improving services in the last eight years.
“I have selected a strong team to lead our agenda to protect local public services and local jobs.
“As a result of the cuts being imposed on Wales by the UK government these are challenging times for local government and the public sector as a whole. My Cabinet and I will ensure that Rhondda Cynon Taf’s services are effectively protected and that we continue to improve the services that are vital to local people.”
The Cabinet of Rhondda Cynon Taff CBC
• Leader of the Council & Chair of the Cabinet – County Borough Councillor Anthony Christopher
• Deputy Leader & Cabinet Member for Economic Development & Community Safety – County Borough Councillor Paul Cannon QPM
• Cabinet Member for Frontline Services – County Borough Councillor Andrew Morgan
• Cabinet Member for Human Resources & Service Improvement – County Borough Councillor Clayton Willis
• Cabinet Member for Education, Skills & Lifelong Learning – County Borough Councillor Eudine Hanagan
• Cabinet Member for Partnerships & Adult Social Services – County Borough Councillor Mike Forey
• Cabinet Member for Council Business & Public Relations – County Borough Councillor Maureen Webber
• Cabinet Member for Sustainable Development, Leisure & Tourism – County Borough Councillor Robert Bevan
• Cabinet Member for Social Justice & Communities – County Borough Councillor Craig Middle
• Cabinet Member for Children’s Social Services – County Borough Councillor Annette Davies